Posted on October 22 2018, by Els Kraakman.
All our charters start at noon. We do understand it is not always easy to find flights or ferries arriving in the BVI that coincide with the start of your charter at noon. Many guests like to arrive the day before their charter to avoid delays on the day the charter start. Instead of staying in a hotel, we offer a sleep aboard option. By getting settled on your charter yacht the evening before, in general you can get an early start the next day.
For $75 per person, a minimum of $150, you can board your yacht the night before on or after 5PM.
5 REASONS WHY YOU WILL LOVE A SLEEP-ABOARD
- The best advantage of the sleep-aboard option is that you will be able to leave the dock and get out on the water earlier the next day, since charters with a sleep aboard usually leave the marina usually around 11AM. Your chart briefing and boat briefing often can take place in the morning on the first day of your charter, rather than the usual time of midday. Please note that we do not guarantee an early departure from docks (when very busy). Charter still officially starts at noon.
- A sleep aboard is a convenient and affordable accommodation option compared to hotels. You do not have to organize a taxi from your hotel to our base in Joma Marina – you’re already here.
- You can already unload all of your luggage and store your clothes and other belongings away in the cabinets provided in your cabins, so you are settled in for your vacation. You also can do all the provisioning in the afternoon or evening and store that away, so you have nothing else to do then charter briefing, boat briefing, snorkel gear and ice collection in the morning.
- You have time to familiarize yourself with your boat and find out if you have any questions for our staff with the boat-briefing the next day.
- It’s private, quiet and beautiful. There are no loud neighbors or street noise, just the tranquil lapping of water. You can have dinner & drinks on board or decide to explore the local restaurants and bars in the neighborhood.
So when you book your next charter with us, ask for a sleep aboard and start your charter on the right tack – stress-free and well-rested. You can find more information about our Joma Marina base here, with information of restaurants and supermarkets etc.
A lot of the crewed yachts also offer sleep aboard the night before your charter, to make it easy for guests to arrive, unpack and settle in the night before. Costs vary per yacht, but in general the sleep-aboard will costs $150 – $200 per cabin with a 2 cabin minimum and includes boarding after 4 or 5 PM, a welcome drink and snacks upon arrival and breakfast the next day. Your dinner ashore is at your expense. A big advantage is that your charter will start the moment you wake up, instead of noon. Ask our Crewed Yacht Specialist Els about availability.