Sailing the BVI is a hard life. The weather is gorgeous; the water clear; the beers cold and the rum plentiful. The reason people come back time and time again though is because there is just so much to do.
As part of our 20th birthday celebrations, we have tried to name our favourite activities. It was a tricky job at times but this is what we decided on, in no specific order…
- Visit the Baths at Virgin Gorda – where else to start?! Follow the trail through the boulders to Devils Bay, then take a dip and cool off in the magnificent pools. World famous. World Class.
- Feed the fish at Saba Rock Resort – huge Tarpon swim beneath the docks during Happy Hour.
- Eat lobster on the beach in Anegada – quite simply a must do. Do not leave without enjoying this treat!
- Drink a Painkiller, or maybe a couple, at the Soggy Dollar Bar – celebrate by buying yourself a t-shirt after!
- Visit the Bubbly Pool during a north swell – hidden away on the north shore of Jost Van Dyke (JVD), hike in and then enjoy bathing in this natural jacuzzi.
- Snorkel the Indians & Caves – enjoy the incredible sea life on offer around the islands.
- Dive the Rhone – a must-do for those who can go deep. One of many wrecks around the Caribbean that must be explored.
- Get a tattoo at the Willy T – don’t worry, they are only temporary…! A great bar inside a ship, it’s well worth going in the evening if you want a party. Again, t-shirts on offer…!
- Full Moon Party – Enjoy music, dancing, BBQ and fireballs on the beach at Trellis Bay or hit Bombas late at night to sample the Mushroom tea. Time your trip to coincide with this monthly treat!
- Surf at Josiahs – a great spot to get the board out.
- Callwood Rum Distillery – Take a tour of the old distillery and sample the local rums. Take a few bottles for the rest of the trip too…!
- An evening with Quito at his Gazebo in Cane Garden Bay. Enjoy some great food and enjoy the traditional Caribbean tunes from the man himself.
- Tortola Zipline – what better way to see the BVI’s biggest island than from the sky!
- Have a sundowner cocktail at the Cooper Island Beach Club. The sunsets are wonderful.
- Sunset at Cane Garden – anything Cooper Island can do…! Enjoy the sunset and drinks around the famous beach bars.
- Dinner at Bananakeet – delicious local food with a view to die for.
- Bitter End to Biras Creek Hiking Trail – with fabulous food at the Fat Virgin as your prize…
- SUP the North Sound – stand up paddle to those not in the loop… Another great way to explore the water.
- Visit Peter Island Spa – in need of some pampering? There is only one place to go…
- Breakfast at Neptune’s Treasure – no finer way to kick the day off than at this Anegada spot.
Ok, we lied. We couldn’t do only 20…!
- Party at Foxy’s – a must attend event. Don’t worry, they happen all-year round!